Enhance Your Practice
- Offer clients a solution that addresses the muscular systems role in their chronic pain and injury.
- Objectively evaluate, identify, and adjust biomechanical and muscular imbalances within the human body.
- See how certain forms of exercise may lead to dysfunction and how to correct it.
- ***Classes open to all*** The Jumpstart classes are NOT a prerequisite for the Specialist program.
What is the Jumpstart Program like?
Designed for trainers and therapists
“Our introductory course is our Jumpstart Program. This course is designed for trainers and therapists that are working in the exercise environment. The program allows us to give a quick screening process to identify positional weaknesses and then through isometric contractions be able to restore strength through those positions of weakness and improve over all function and motion.” – Greg Roskopf, MAT™ Founder and Developer
Learn in Jumpstarts
- Background on the development of MAT™ and its decades long history of helping people
- The Roskopf Principle and its focus on muscle contractile efficiency relative to limitations in Range of Motion.
- CAM (Comparative Assessment of Mobility) testing to evaluate your client’s mobility and compensation patterns.
- Isometric exercises to re-stimulate weak muscles for more efficient contraction
Opportunity with Jumpstarts
- Deliver beneficial services to your clients allowing you to charge accordingly for your services.
- See customers experience rapid improvements and experience their increased loyalty to your business.
- Starting in 2017, we are approved CEU providers for American Council of Exercise (ACE) and National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) for our Jumpstart Programs.
This 6-day program has three intensive modules: Lower Body, Upper Body, and Trunk & Spine. This series is the foundation to Muscle Activation Techniques™, and an introduction to the neurophysiology, biomechanics, and practical application of MAT™.
- Teach therapists and trainers how to objectively evaluate and identify biomechanical imbalances within the human body.
- Understand how biomechanical imbalances lead to repetitive stress and chronic overuse injuries.
- Fill in the missing link within the exercise continuum.
- Create an awareness that certain forms of exercise may lead to dysfunction.
- Give therapists and trainers a system to check whether their treatment is working or not.
- Examine how muscle tightness is secondary to muscle weakness.
- Show how to identify and eliminate positional weaknesses that may lead to injury or further compensation.
Saturday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Sunday*: 8:30am – 5:30pm
*Please note that class ends slightly early on Sunday of the last weekend to allow time for Jumpstart certification testing.
We love hearing from partners in the community who are interested in hosting a Jumpstart Course. Please contact the MAT™ Jumpstart Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.