MAT Insurance Option

Learn More About The Hands on Trade Association

The Hands on Trade Association:

The Hands on Trade Association (HTA) has secured insurance through the underwriter, Evanston Insurance, for MAT Practitioners.

The HTA was formed in 2000, is a membership association of professionals that covers many bodyworkers, massage therapists, and other manual therapists. (Including Muscle Activation Techniques).

HTA knows what kind of tools that practitioners need to have a healthy, secure and successful business. To get started, click HERE or give them a call at 1-800-872-1282 and they can explain details about their policy.

What is MAT Practitioners Insurance?

Professional liability Insurance is designed to protect your assets and cover your expenses in the event of a malpractice situation. HTA has crafted a policy that is economical and provides you with the peace of mind you need to further your career.

Your extensive education, training, and experience as a MAT Practitioners allows you to assist clients in achieving their personal health goals. By practicing without individual professional liability insurance, you could be placing your career and future finances as risk.

Why Choose The Hands on Trade Association?

Immediate Coverage

Your Coverage starts as soon as your payment is processed.

Instant Certificate

You’ll received a Certificate of Coverage via email as soon as your payment is processed.

Fast Checkout

1-minute application is quick and easy

High Rating

“A” (excellent) Rating for The Hands Trade Association’s underwriter, Evanston Insurance.


$165 a year for coverage

Do MAT Practitioners Need Insurance?

Muscle Activation Techniques Practitioners play a hands-on role in maintaining and promoting overall muscle function. The personal interaction with clients creates a need for MAT Practitioners to have their own independent liability insurance.

Through continued research, The Hands on Trade Association has created an insurance policy specifically for MAT Practitioners to help protect their career and financial stability in the event a claim is filed against you. This insurance specifically covers you while performing Muscle Activation Techniques®.

No more getting classified as Fitness Trainer, Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer when your doing Muscle Activation Techniques.

You have invested your time and money into training, education to enhance your career. A small investment now can help you in the event the unfortunate happens.

Security and peace of mind. Lawsuits against hands-on Practitioners happen. If you find yourself in this situation, you will be glad you have professional liability coverage.

We highly recommend HTA if you are not yet insured as an MAT Practitioner.

Program Benefits

Our policy and the limits have been created specifically for MAT  Practitioners.

Professional Liability

$2 million per occurrence
Protect you in the event you are sued for claims against services you provide.

General Liability

$2 million per occurrence/ $3 million per year
Protects you in the event you are sued for general claims against you that happen in the facilities you rent or own.

Product Liability

Up to $2 million per occurrence.
Protects you in the event you are sued for claims against you that result from a product you use during a session.

Premises Insurance

$100,000 per year
Covers damages caused by Practitioner

No Deductible

There is no deductible with this policy

Wide Array of Coverage

Multiple professions can be covered with this policy at no additional cost.

Applying for MAT Practitioners Insurance

The Hands on Trade Association does not have a lengthy online application and quote process, but instead uses a simple checkout which only takes a few minutes.

We’ll ask you for your contact information, profession, and which coverage you’d like to receive.

We make the process quick and simple—no waiting weeks to receive an over-priced insurance quote. You may want to opt for the additional insured option. This will protect a person or business entity, should the name of the insured be found negligent.

Frequently Asked Questions

Although you work for an employer, you may need individual insurance for a few reasons.

A client can file a claim directly against you as the individual, blame may be transferred to you, both you and your employer can have shared blame, or your employer is not properly insured.

Having your own individual policy with The Hands on Trade Association can help if any of these situations happen. If a claim is filed, and you are responsible for any of these reasons, you will have peace of mind knowing you are covered.

This policy is specifically for the individual. If you have a corporation, partnership, or work for a franchise, the business may be added as an additional insured for an additional $10.

There are no refunds or cancellations during your 12 month coverage.

Coverage is immediate and your Proof of Insurance will be available within minutes.

All 50 United States (U.S. Territories not included)

Please call customer service: 1-800-872-1282

Yes. HTA covers “Electronic Stimulation (TENS/EMS)”